Monday, January 9, 2012

Paul Lasaine and Brush Creation Tutorial

This year I am going to post more. At least this is what I keep telling myself. Now, I have a ton of links and info bookmarked all over my computer but how often do I share them? Almost never. I just horde them and cackle to myself with triumph at their discovery. Cheesy, I know, but I am an art geek and proud of it. But, with the spirit of the new year, I will share.

Today, we have the art blog of Paul Lasaine. This guy is awesome! Go to one of his blogs and enjoy. He is an amazing concept artist / painter and most of you should recognize his work from the Lord of the Rings.

In particular, he put up a useful tutorial on how to make a custom brush in Photoshop. I like this tutorial because he both goes into depth on the technical end as well as in the practical application. This is very useful and inspiring and I thought that I would share. http://paullasaine.blogspot.com/2008/01/photoshop-brush-tutorial.html

In the future, I'll put up a section in this blog with links to excellent resources and tutorials that you all may find useful.

Cheers!

Now go out and be inspired...



No comments:

Post a Comment